The mission of Dress for Success is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. Women in Relocation supports these efforts.
Founded in New York City in 1997, Dress for Success is an international not-for-profit organization offering services designed to help our clients find jobs and remain employed. Each Dress for Success client receives one suit when she has a job interview and can return for a second suit or separates when she finds work.
Women in Relocation participated in an Accessories Drive for Dress for Success in 2010. The organization is always looking for donations, for more information about how to give please visit http://www.dressforsuccess.org/
Below we have listed some items that would be good for donations:
- Career appropriate footwear in brown, black or navy. All shoes must be closed-toe with no heels higher than 3 inches. Sizes 8 and up are always in great need.
- Hosiery and undergarments (particularly in plus sizes)
- Tote bags, portfolios or briefcases
- Solid color blouses to be worn under suits
- Interview-appropriate suits and related separates (the greatest need is for apparel size 14+)
- Unopened skin and hair products
- Professional coats and outerwear in season
- Basic professional accessories (including scarves and belts)